The screening of successful applicants will be based only through documents submitted. Candidates must submit the Application Forms, Personal Statement and Study Plan, Letters of Recommendation, and documents verifying language proficiency (listed below).
Conditions for application
|Subject Area||General Standards of Level of Proficiency in English
or Japanese Required for Application
|English Language Teaching Practices||TOEFL 88 (iBT), 570 (PBT), or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test such as TOEIC 820, IELTS 6.5, Cambridge English Test CPE, and STEP 1st level.|
|Japanese Language Teaching Practices||Native Speaker of Japanese (Must meet 1) or 2) of the requirements below)
1) TOEFL 71 (iBT), 530 (PBT), or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC 750, IELTS 6.0, and STEP Pre-1st level.
2) Must meet both of the following requirements
- TOEFL 61 (iBT), 500 (PBT), or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC 700, IELTS 6.0, and STEP Pre-1st level.
- Those who demonstrated proficiency by language test other than English. TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) 5th level, HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) 5th level, or CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference of Languages) C1 level.
Non-Native Speaker of Japanese (Must meet both of the requirements below)
1) TOEFL 61 (iBT), 500 (PBT), or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC 700, IELTS 6.0, and STEP Pre-1st level.
2) JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) 1st-level, or N1 level.
|Global Communication Practices||TOEFL 79 (iBT), 550 (PBT) or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC 800, IELTS 6.5, Cambridge English Test CAE, and STEP 1st level.|
The scores above are general standards. It is still possible to apply if you have not met these standards. For those who have yet to reach the listed English standards, we will provide opportunities to take the TOEFL-ITP at AIU. Applicants are required to submit a score report of one of the required language proficiency tests.
Documents to be submitted
April 2017 Admission
September 2017 Admission
Matriculation Fee & Tuition
Please click here.
Schedule for Application, Selection, and Matriculation
Application Periods are scheduled as follows: (Approximately 10 successful applicants each period)
|Application Periods||Announcement of
|Matriculation Procedures for
|October 3 -
|October 28||October 31 -
|December 19, 2016 -
January 6, 2017
|January 20||January 23 -
|May 15 - 26, 2017||June 9||June 12 -
*JLT accepts new students only in September.
Interview before application:
In order to be sure that AIU is indeed the right university students, we strongly recommend prospective students to have an interview with an AIU faculty member before formally applying. Please contact the addmission office to book an interview.