We will invite Dr. Shinji Tsuruoka, Professor, who teaches a master’s course at Mie University as a lecturer and hold a training session for instructors and staff to prepare for the PBL courses.
To prepare for the Project-Based Learning (PBL) courses that will be offered from the 2013 academic year, we will be holding a PBL training session for the instructors and staff of the University. Dr. Shinji Tsuruoka, Professor, from Mie University, will be invited as the lecturer. Mie University has been making university-wide efforts to offer PBL-oriented education since 2005.
*This training session will not be open to the public.
Date and time:
- May 31st (Thu), 2012, 13:00-17:00
- Dr. Shinji Tsuruoka, Professor (Dean, Graduate School of Regional Innovation Studies, Mie University)
- What is PBL? (Four models)
- Activities of Mie University, contents of pre-PBL courses for freshmen
- Precautions and methodology related to the logistics and preliminary surveys
- PBL course design, from preparation to post-study presentation
- How should the PBL administration method be changed by study subject? What are the essential points to cover irrespective of the study subject and supervising instructor?
- Preparation of PBL study materials
- Effectiveness of PBL and evaluation method