We held the PBL training session titled “Four Types of PBL” (May 31st, 2012)
We invited Dr. Shinji Tsuruoka, Professor, who teaches a master’s course at Mie University as a lecturer and held a training session for the PBL courses.
The training session was held as a preliminary workshop to examine the framework of the Project-Based Learning (PBL) courses that will be offered by the University from the 2013 academic year.
Sixteen instructors attended the event and had active discussions and Q&A through the lecture and group work, which used information on the cases of ongoing PBL courses that Mie University were offering.
- Date and time: May 31st (Thu), 2012, 13:00-17:00
- Lecturer: Dr. Shinji Tsuruoka, Professor (Dean, Graduate School of Regional Innovation Studies, Mie University)
- What is PBL? (Four models)
- Activities of Mie University, contents of pre-PBL courses for freshmen
- Precautions and methodology related to the logistics and preliminary surveys
- PBL course design, from preparation to post-study presentation
- How should the PBL administration method be changed by study subject? What are the essential points to cover irrespective of the study subject and supervising instructor?
- Preparation of PBL study materials
- Effectiveness of PBL and evaluation method