This policy shall define matters concerning the operation of the official social networking service (hereinafter referred to as “SNS”) accounts of Akita International University (hereinafter referred to as "the University,") hereinafter collectively referred to as "the official SNS accounts."
The official SNS accounts aim to publicize information on our educational research, students' activities, and events in collaboration with the University's official website (https://web.aiu.ac.jp/) to deepen the users' understanding of and interest in the University.
3. Operational Policy
- In principle, the official SNS accounts shall be operated exclusively to communicate information and shall not be used to send replies. Opinions and inquiries about the University shall be communicated using the inquiry form on the University's official website (https://web.aiu.ac.jp/en/contact/).
- In principle, actions of the official SNS accounts such as Like, Share, and Follow shall be limited to the official accounts of public institutions, educational institutions and organizations, and associations related to the University. Such actions do not represent the University's support for specific accounts.
- Comments, links, and other contents (hereinafter referred to as "Comments") posted by users on the contents by the official SNS accounts do not reflect the opinions of the University. For official presentations and views of the University, please visit the University's official website.
- Although the University expends all possible means to ensure the accuracy of information posted by the official SNS accounts, it shall assume no responsibility for any action taken by users based on such information.
- The University shall assume no responsibility for any Comments posted by users on the contents uploaded by the official SNS accounts.
- The University shall assume no responsibility for any trouble or dispute arising between users or between third parties and users in connection with the official SNS accounts and its contents.
- The copyright of contributions such as Comments belongs to users who posted such contributions. By posting contributions, users grant the University the right to use non-exclusively the content of contributions worldwide and free of charge, and agree not to exercise copyright and other rights over the University.
5. Prohibitions and Deletion of Users' Comments
The following actions are prohibited in operation and use of the official SNS accounts. Please be advised that we may take actions such as deleting comments and blocking accounts without prior notice if actions are considered to fall under these items.
- Actions that disadvantage or damage the University or a third party or acts that may cause such harm
- Actions that infringe the privacy of third parties, such as identifying, disclosing, or leaking personal information without consent of the data subject
- Actions that discredit, dishonor, insult, or slander the University (including students and faculty members of the University) or third parties
- Actions that impair or may impair the credibility and quality of the University, such as actions against public order and morals
- Criminal acts or actions that lead or may lead to criminal acts
- Actions that violate or may violate laws, ordinances or other laws and regulations
- Actions related to sales, political, religious, and election campaign activities
- Acts of discrimination or actions that promote discrimination on race, thought, creed, etc.
- Publications that are considered to disadvantage the University's recruitment and publicity such as the content of entrance examinations and comparison with other universities
- Posts published by individuals pretending to be other users or third parties.
- Publications unrelated to the information posted by the University
- Actions prohibited by the operating companies of the SNS
- Other publications considered to be inappropriate by the University
Reproduction of the content of the official SNS accounts without prior permission of the University is prohibited, except for activities authorized under the Copyright Act of Japan such as private use and quotation. Ensure to specify the source by an appropriate method when taking such actions.
7. Publication of this Policy and its Revisions
The content of this policy will be posted on the University's official website. Changes in this policy shall be made as necessary without prior notice.
8. List of the official SNS accounts
All of the following SNS accounts are managed and administered by the University's Division of Public Relations, Office of Institutional Planning and Public Relations.
Official YouTube Channel (Japanese)
- 国際教養大学/Akita International University
- Features of AIU, Student and Faculty Interview, Event, Projects, etc.
- Division of Public Relations
Official Facebook Page (Japanese)
- Academics, Campus life, Admissions, etc.,
- Division of Public Relations
Inquiries about the official SNS accounts
Division of Public Relations
Office Hours (Mon - Fri) 9:00 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 17:00