Academic Career Support Center (ACSC)
The ACSC provides support to undergraduate students considering future study at the graduate level. The ACSC’s consulting team has worked with a variety of AIU students who have subsequently gone on to academic and professional programs both within Japan and overseas. All ACSC services are available to AIU students at no charge.
About our support
- The ACSC provides both one-to-one and group-based consultations to help students clarify their academic career goals and graduate education needs.
- The ACSC also sponsors events aimed at enhancing students’ understanding and interest in various careers requiring advanced degrees.
Using the ACSC
The ACSC keeps a stock of graduate school prospectuses from universities within Japan and overseas. Anyone who desires can visit and consult them. AIU students also have access to the ACSC’s Digital Library, an online resource available on AIMS, the University’s course management system.
The ACSC also invites guest speakers who have expert knowledge and experience in areas of high interest to students. Some guest speakers will focus on specific sectors (e.g. international co-operation and development, accounting etc.) and some will focus on more generic issues in the field of postgraduate career development. Representatives from graduate schools both within Japan and abroad also visit campus to make students aware of specific programs.
Hours of availability
The Coordinator is available for consultations both by appointment as well as during set office hours. Consult the ALAC ATOMS page for specific hours of operation.
Samples of Recent Alumini’s Graduate Schools Destinations:
- University of Oxford (UK)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (UK)
- Science Po (France)
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University (France)
- Heidelberg University (Germany)
- Georgetown University (USA)
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- The University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Kyoto University (Japan)
- Hitotsubashi University (Japan), etc.
Sample Careers of Recent Alumini after finishing Graduate School :
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- ILO (International Labour Organization)
- JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency)
- Nikkei Inc.
- PwC US
- Oliver Wyman
- Goldman Sachs (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- The University of Tokyo
- PREC Institute Inc. World Heritage Research Center, etc.
ALAC Tel. +81-(0)18-886-5815