Academic Career Support Center (ACSC)
The ACSC provides support to undergraduate students considering future study at the graduate level. The ACSC’s consulting team has worked with a variety of AIU students who have subsequently gone on to academic and professional programs both within Japan and overseas. All ACSC services are available to AIU students at no charge.
About our support
- The ACSC provides both one-to-one and group-based consultations to help students clarify their academic career goals and graduate education needs.
- The ACSC also sponsors events aimed at enhancing students’ understanding and interest in various careers requiring advanced degrees.
Using the ACSC
The ACSC keeps a stock of graduate school prospectuses from universities within Japan and overseas. Anyone who desires can visit and consult them. AIU students also have access to the ACSC’s Digital Library, an online resource available on AIMS, the University’s course management system.
Workshops and Coffee Hours
Each semester, the ACSC organizes a number of workshops and coffee hours to support students who seek advanced degrees in a wide-array of disciplines or career areas.
ACSC Coffee Hours provide students with opportunities to hear about the graduate student experiences of their professors and learn about different professional fields.
The ACSC also invites guest speakers who have expert knowledge and experience in areas of high interest to students. Some guest speakers will focus on specific sectors (e.g. international co-operation and development, accounting etc.) and some will focus on more generic issues in the field of postgraduate career development. Representatives from graduate schools both within Japan and abroad also visit campus to make students aware of specific programs.
Hours of availability
The Coordinator is available for consultations both by appointment as well as during set office hours. Consult the ALAC ATOMS page for specific hours of operation.
Samples of Recent Alumini’s Graduate Schools Destinations:
- University of Oxford (UK)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (UK)
- Science Po., Paris (France)
- Georgetown University (USA)
- McGill University (Canada)
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Kyoto University (Japan)
- Hitotsubashi University (Japan)
- Keio University (Japan), etc.
Sample Careers of Recent Alumini after finishing Graduate School :
- United Nations
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- Nikkei Inc.
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- PwC US
- Oliver Wyman
- Goldman Sachs (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- University of Tokyo
- Case Western Reserve University
- PREC Institute Inc. World Heritage Research Center, etc.
ALAC Tel. +81-(0)18-886-5815