Academic Career Support Center (ACSC)
The Academic Career Support Center supports undergraduate students who are considering furthering their education at the graduate level. Through consultations, workshops, and guest lectures, the Center helps students find the right graduate school or professional graduate school inside or outside Japan across fields and regions.
- About our support
- The ACSC provides both one-to-one and group-based consultations to help students clarify their academic career goals and graduate education needs.
- The ACSC also sponsors events aimed at enhancing students’ understanding and interest in various careers requiring advanced degrees.
- Guest Lectures and Workshops
Lectures by guest speakers and workshops are held every semester to offer students the opportunities of gaining a broad understanding of graduate research studies and career paths after graduate/doctoral studies.
Highly specialized professionals working at the front lines in their fields are invited to talk about their graduate studies, research, and diverse postgraduate career development.
The Center’s coordinating faculty provides the latest information on admissions to graduate schools from different angles.
- Samples of Recent Alumini’s Graduate Schools Destinations:
- University of Oxford (UK)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (UK)
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- Science Po (France)
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University (France)
- INSEAD (France)
- Heidelberg University (Germany)
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (Switzerland)
- Georgetown University (USA)
- Seoul National University (Korea)
- University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- The University of Tokyo (Japan)
- Kyoto University (Japan)
- Hitotsubashi University (Japan)
- Akita International University (Japan), etc.
Using the ACSC
The ACSC keeps a stock of graduate school prospectuses from universities within Japan and overseas. Anyone who desires can visit and consult them. AIU students also have access to the ACSC’s Digital Library, an online resource available on AIMS, the University’s course management system.
Hours of Availability
The Coordinator is available for consultations both by appointment as well as during set office hours. Consult the ALC ATOMS page for specific hours of operation.
Partnership with International Graduate School
SOAS University of London in the UK is a top European institution of higher education focused on research in humanities and social sciences in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. AIU and SOAS have partnered since the academic year 2020 to give students who completed an AIU undergraduate program (and who fulfill certain criteria) a "progression route," or priority admission, to SOAS graduate studies (MA/MSc, taught courses) for one year.
ALC Tel. +81-(0)18-886-5815