Akita International University provides the following support to students with disabilities.
- One academic and health support coordinator
- Installation of barrier-free rooms in student residences (apartments)
- Installation of elevators and bathrooms for the disabled in each building
- Establishment of parking spaces for the disabled
- Installation of reading magnifiers
Facility support (partial installation)
- Road surfacing, elimination of level differences, etc.
- Handrails, ropes, stairlifts, etc.
- Braille blocks, sign stickers, etc.
- Maintenance of entrances e.g. automatic doors
- Wheelchairs, folding beds, etc.
- Accompanying to medical institutions
- Enlarged character display in university cafeterias
- Placement of volunteers to support the disabled during bus trips organized by the University
- Taxi arrangements for the disabled to arrive at the University