The screening of successful applicants will be based only through documents submitted. Candidates must submit the necessary Application Forms, Personal Statement and Study Plan, Letters of Recommendation, and documents verifying language proficiency (listed below).
Conditions for Application
|Programs||Preferred Language Proficiency Level upon Application|
|English Language Teaching Practices||TOEFL iBT®TEST 88, TOEFL®PBT TEST 570, or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test such as TOEIC®TEST 820, IELTS 6.5, Cambridge English Test CPE, and STEP 1st level.|
|Japanese Language Teaching Practices||Native Speaker of Japanese (Must meet 1) or 2) of the requirements below)
1) TOEFL iBT®TEST 71, TOEFL®PBT TEST 530, or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC®TEST 750, IELTS 6.0, and STEP Pre-1st level.
2）Must meet both of the following requirements
-TOEFL iBT®TEST 61, TOEFL®PBT TEST 500, or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC®TEST 700, IELTS 6.0, and STEP Pre-1st level.
-Those who demonstrated proficiency by language test other than English. TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) 5th level, HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) 5th level, or CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference of Languages) C1 level.
Non-Native Speaker of Japanese (Must meet both of the requirements below)
1) TOEFL iBT®TEST 61, TOEFL®PBT TEST 500, or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC®TEST 700, IELTS 6.0, and STEP Pre-1st level.
2) JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) 1st-level, or N1 level.
|Global Communication Practices||TOEFL iBT®TEST 79, TOEFL®PBT TEST 550 or an equivalent level of English demonstrated by another English test, such as TOEIC®TEST 800, IELTS 6.5, Cambridge English Test CAE, and STEP 1st level.|
Documents to be Submitted
- Application Forms
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Resume (CV)
- Certificate of undergraduate graduation or a certificate of your bachelor’s degree
- Document which verifies your language proficiency
April 2019 Admission
September 2019 Admission
Matriculation Fee & Tuition
Details about our matriculation fee & tuition are available at the following webpage.
Schedule for Application, Selection, and Matriculation
Application Periods are scheduled as follows: (Approximately 10 successful applicants each period)
of Successful Applicants
|Matriculation Procedures for
|October 1 -
|October 26||October 29 -
|December 10, 2018 -
January 11, 2019
|January 25||January 28 -
|May 13 - 24, 2019||June 7||June 10 -
*JLT accepts new students only in September.
Interview before application:
In order to be sure that AIU is indeed the right university for students, we strongly recommend prospective students to have an interview with an AIU faculty member before formally applying. Please contact the admission office to book an interview.
Tel. +81-18-886-5931 / Fax. +81-18-886-5910 / Email. email@example.com