To all new students, parents and guardians,
Previously, we announced to those students who newly enrolled in April 2020, as well as to their parents and guardians, that AIU would postpone the matriculation ceremony due to the spread of COVID-19.
Since the deferral, the university has been carefully considering implementation plans while paying close attention to the COVID-19 situation. As a result, AIU has decided to hold the matriculation ceremony before the start of the Fall Semester 2020 for students who enrolled in April or September 2020, while taking all possible measures against infection.
In order to prevent the infection, we deeply regret to inform you that we have decided to limit participants in the ceremony to students, faculty, and staff members only, and have also shortened the program. Unfortunately, we must ask family member to please refrain from attending.
We fully understand that this is an irreplaceable event for our students and their parents and guardians, however, we ask you understanding that, with your health and safety as our first priority, we will conduct the ceremony in the following limited form,
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Date and Time: Sunday, September 6, 2020, 11:00 am
- Venue: Kobelco Hall (lecture hall), in Building D, and classrooms D201-205
- Participants: Students who enrolled in April 2020 or September 2020, faculty and staff members.
- Program (Provisional)
- Matriculation of New Student
- President’s Address
- Congratulatory Address from the Governor of Akita Prefecture
- Speech by Representative of new student
- COVID-19 infection prevention measure
- All attendees are asked to please wear a mask during the ceremony.
- Any students who experience fever or malaise on the day of the ceremony should please contact the university staff and refrain from attending.
- The fall semester is scheduled to start on Monday, September 7th. Please note that the details of the matriculation ceremony may change due to the COVID-19 situation.
- Assembly times for the ceremony and venue allocations will be notified to you later.