- 2021-2022 Undergraduate Academic Calendar
- 2020-2021 Undergraduate Academic Calendar (Tentative: 2020 Fall Semester)
- 2019-2020 Undergraduate Academic Calendar
- 2018-2019 Undergraduate Academic Calendar
- 2017-2018 Undergraduate Academic Calendar
- 2016-2017 Undergraduate Academic Calendar
- 2015-2016 Undergraduate Academic Calendar
Winter Program: Optional Intensive Studies
Students enrolled in AIU's fall semester (September - December) have the option to stay on for our optional Winter Program (January - March).
This 7.5-week program offers intensive coursework and is an excellent opportunity for students who wish to take an additional semester's worth of Japanese language at AIU, or for those who want to make up additional courses.
- Students may enroll in up to 9 credits during the Winter Program.
- For students participating in the following spring semester, there is no minimum number of credits.
- Students who will complete their enrollment at AIU with the Winter Program must enroll in at least 6 credits of coursework to meet immigration requirements.
Because classes are intensive and demand heavy time investment, students should consult with their academic advisors at AIU before choosing their courses.
Winter Program offerings are listed on our Course Offerings page and the schedule may be found on the Class Schedules page. Please be sure to check the schedule in advance to make sure your desired classes do not overlap!
Registration, Application, and Costs
Depending on your initial application to AIU, you may already be enrolled in the Winter Program at the time of your arrival.
The Center for International Affairs will contact all students at the beginning of November to inform them of their enrollment status and give them the opportunity to join the winter program. (Please see our Extension of Stay page for details.)
Tuition is waived for both Exchange and Study Abroad (fee paying) students, but all students must have a nomination from their home university to join, just like the spring and fall semesters. Nomination instructions will be sent out in November along with the extension application information.
Students will need to pay other fees, including housing, meals, and activity fees for the Winter Program. Please see our Cost of Living page for more information about the required fees and estimated costs during the Winter Program.