Due to the changes to Akita International University Spring 2020 Semester Format, Summer Program 2020 and all of our Special Programs have been cancelled. We appreciate your understandings and cooperation.
For the recent update, please see : https://web.aiu.ac.jp/en/covid-19/
Our Summer Program is a six-week, six-credit, intensive Japanese language and culture study program designed for highly motivated undergraduate students around the world. Participants can take elementary courses taught by experienced Japanese instructors to hone their Japanese language skills in a small class environment.
|Program date:||Tuesday, June 16, 2020 – Tuesday, July 28, 2020|
|Application Deadline:||Friday, March 13, 2020|
|Levels:||JPL120, JPL125, and JPL220
- Absolute beginners - Advanced beginning learners
- Cover Genki Vol. I (JPL120 & JPL125) and Chapters 13 through 18 of Genki Vol. II (JPL220)
- Progress may vary according to student needs
- For details, please refer to "Courses" section of the "Academics & Calendar"
|Credits:||Six AIU credits|
(including a refundable deposit of 5,000 JPY)
Important Dates for Admission
|Friday, March 13||Deadline for application submission (Hardcopy Arrival)|
|Wednesday, April 1||Announcement of application results|
|Friday, April 17||Payment due|
|Friday, May 8||Deadline for submission of the following forms:
- Medical Information Form/Medical Treatment Authorization and Consent Form
- Arrival Form
Information about Japan
Information about Akita
- Akita Prefecture General Information Guide
- Akita Kanto Festival (Akita's traditional festival from August 3 to 6)
- Akita Airport/ AXT
- Narita International Airport / NRT
- Haneda Airport (Tokyo International Airport) / HND
- Kansai International Airport / KIX
- Osaka International Airport (Itami Airport) / ITM
- JR EAST-Japan Railway Company
Should you have any questions regarding the admission procedure or program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.