All applicants who wish to apply for the AIU Summer Program must meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicants must be enrolled at their home institution both at the time of application and during their stay at AIU, and have at least two semesters (one full academic year) of grades from that institution on their transcript at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Non-native speakers of English must submit proof of language ability that meets the minimum standards below:
|International English Language Testing Service (IELTS™)||5.0 or above|
|American Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL®Test)||
500 or above (PBT)
61 or above (iBT)
|Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC®Test)||630 or above|
If you wish to submit a certificate other than those listed above, please have your home institution contact AIU's Center for International Affairs prior to application.
Step by Step Application Procedures
Step 1. Nomination
For Students from one of AIU’s Partner Universities:
*For Partner Universities: Please contact AIU at firstname.lastname@example.org and check seat availability before nominating your student(s). After confirming the number of seats, AIU will send your university a username and password for the AIU online nomination system.
*For Students: In order to start the application procedure, applicants must be nominated by their home university. After applicants are officially nominated by their home university, AIU will send the nominated student a username and password to access the AIU online application system through their home university.
For Students from Non-Partner Universities:
Those who wish to apply for the AIU Summer Program, must contact AIU at email@example.com first to receive further instructions for the application process. After AIU confirms the availability and receives an official nomination from the nominee’s home university, AIU will send the nominated student a username and password to access the AIU online application system through their home university.
Step 2. Online Application
After the nominee receives a username and password from their home university, they must access our Online Application System and complete the Online Application Form.
It is very important that applicants provide accurate information on the application form because it will be used for the immigration documents, acceptance letters, and AIU registration.
After you fill out the “Online Application Form” and click “Confirm” you will be taken to the “Online Application Confirmation Sheet.” After checking the information, click “Download as PDF to Print” to print out this “Online Application Confirmation Sheet.” The “Certification and Consent” page will be printed automatically with your “Online Application Confirmation Sheet” on the last page. Fill out the “Certification and Consent” by yourself, and have the “Study Abroad Advisor” section filled out by the appropriate person at your home university. After printing out the “Online Application Confirmation Sheet,” you must click “Submit” to complete your online application.
Step 3. Submission of Required Documents
All required application documents listed below must reach AIU's Center for International Affairs no later than Friday, March 10, 2023, by email (in a digital format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that fail to reach us by the above deadline may not be accepted. Additionally, incomplete applications, including applications submitted online that are missing the required documents, will not be processed.
All documents must be written in English. If you submit a document written in another language, you must attach an English translation.
1) Completed and signed "Online Application Confirmation Sheet"
2) Digital data of ID-style photo (4.0 cm high by 3.0 cm wide)
- Taken within 3 months of submission
- At least 800 px x 600 px, jpg or png format
- Front-facing, showing from the shoulders up
- Clear, high resolution
- No hats, glasses, etc.
- Plain white background
- Color or grayscale is acceptable
*Please refer to the following webpage for the Photograph requirements.
After printing out the completed and signed “Online Application Confirmation Sheet,” you also must attach the ID-style photo where indicated.
3) Official Academic Transcript from Home University (Copies cannot be accepted)
4) Personal Statement of Purpose (300-500 words) (No specified format)
5) Reference Form (2 pages each) : You can download the "Reference Form" here.
Please give this form to someone familiar with your current academic performance and progress (e.g. academic adviser or current professor) to fill out.
*Partner University Students: Submit ONE Reference Form.
*Non-Partner University Students: Submit TWO Reference Forms.
6) Proof of English language proficiency (If applicable)
*Please refer to the "Acceptable Certificates" mentioned above.
7) Copies of the following 2 pages of your passport (A valid passport that covers the entire duration of the summer program)
- Front Cover of the passport
- Page with your photograph and biographical details
Please scan all application documents (including the Online Application Confirmation Sheet with the ID photo) and email them to email@example.com by the deadline for application submission.
Please note that nomination does not confirm your enrollment. All applicants will be informed of the results of their applications, and successful applicants will receive an official letter of acceptance by the second week of April 2023, following the selection process by the AIU selection committee.
Please note that exchange students from our partner institutions who have not previously studied at AIU will be given priority for admission due to the limited capacity of the program. The maximum number of students for the Summer Program 2023 is 40.
TOEFL and TOEIC are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This web page is not endorsed or approved by ETS.