Due to the changes to Akita International University Spring 2020 Semester Format, Summer Program 2020 and all of our Special Programs have been cancelled. We appreciate your understandings and cooperation.
For the recent update, please see : https://web.aiu.ac.jp/en/covid-19/
Top Global University Project: Partner's Programs
One of Akita International University's initiatives under the Top Global University Project has been to co-develop special short programs in Japan Studies with faculty members from partner universities.
These Partner's Programs give participating students the opportunity to experience unique aspects of Japanese language and culture and enhance their understanding of Japanese culture with coursework not available anywhere else.
- Japanese Language and Cultural Immersion Program: Advanced (J-CIP:A), 2016 -
- Developed with: The Australian National University
- Open to (2019): The Australian National University, The University of New South Wales, National Singapore University
- Period (2019): January 7, 2019 - February 13, 2019
- A six week combination of advanced Japanese language and rural Japanese culture content coursework taught entirely in Japanese, including interaction with the local government and a homestay while working on the set-up and execution of a winter festival.
- Once Upon a Time in Japan: Traveling Seminar in Japanese History, 2017 -
- Open to (2019): The College of William and Mary, Dickinson College, and other selected partner institutions
- Period (2019): May 27, 2019 - June 18, 2019
- A three week history seminar including one week in residence at AIU and two weeks traveling from Aomori in the north to Nagasaki in the south with site visits and on-site lectures at over 40 historical locations.
AIU is not developing additional Partner's Programs at this time, but if faculty members from our partner universities are interested in establishing co-developed programs in the future, please contact us at email@example.com to let us know!