You will receive an invoice on July 1 for Fall Semester applicants and on February 1 for Spring Semester applicants. The invoice includes 1) Admission, 2) Tuition, 3) Room, 4) Bedding and Cleaning, 5) Mandatory Meal Plan, 6) Deposit, 7) Student Activity (including insurance fee) Please click here for the payment schedule.
After you receive an invoice to your online application system account, please wire transfer the requested amount to AIU’s bank account.
Please abide by and keep in mind the following payment policy when you wire transfer the requested amount to AIU’s bank account:
- Admission to AIU may be cancelled if the payment is not made by the deadline.
- Personal checks and credit card payments are not accepted at AIU.
- Students are responsible for all bank transaction fees associated with the payment.
Please make the transfer such that all local and overseas charges are borne by the sender.
- Payment must be made in Japanese Yen.
- The deposit is the only refundable fee. Bank transaction fees will be deducted from the original deposit amount, and the remaining balance after deductions will be refunded at the time of the student’s departure from AIU.
- International transfers take several days to process. Additional delays in transferring and internal processing may be caused by:
・Your name not being clear in the Overseas Remittance Form
・Error in the information on the Overseas Remittance Form
- If you are concerned about delays, please contact your bank for tracking information.
Center for International Affairs
- Akita International University
- Yuwa, Akita-City 010-1292 Japan
Tel. +81-(0)18-886-5936, +81-(0)18-886-5937
Inbound Students：[mail international]
Outbound Students：[mail studyabroad]
Office Hours (Mon – Fri) 9:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00